HUD Helmet Visor
WeeTect HUD Helmet Visor (WHUDHV) also names HUD visor, heads up display visor. It is a military level HUD (Head-up Display) technology which has been applying on pilot visor, flight helmet visor, aircraft HUD. As WeeTect is producing HUD helmet visor for many years, we are now one of the best heads up display manufacturers. WeeTect HUD Helmet Visor (WHUDHV) has superior optical clarity, impact resistance, abrasion resistance, etc. In advance, WeeTect can add anti-fog coating or mirror coating on your HUD helmet visor.
With the experience of aircraft heads up display, WeeTect HUD Helmet Visor (WHUDHV) is an excellent candidate to support smart helmet and HUD helmet vendors to develop your own high end HUD helmet visor, HUD visor, pilot visor, flight helmet visor, heads up display visor, augmented reality visor, goggles with heads up display, aircraft heads up display, screen helmet, dashboard heads up display, heads up speedo display, bicycle heads up display, and other augmented reality devices.
Advantages of HUD Helmet Visor
- Super good HUD technology
- Great optical clarity (class 1)
- High impact resistance
- More abrasion resistant
- Anti-fog coating as option
- Custom design availability
PS: WeeTect can customize any injection molding HUD helmet visor size you required.
HUD Helmet Visor: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
HUD helmet visor is a protruding front of a headgear designed purposefully to safeguard the eyes and face from different imminent environmental dangers.
This type of visor is integrated with Head-Up Display (HUD) technology, thus exhibiting perfect clarity for better vision in your different applications.
In this guide, you will learn several aspects of HUD helmet visor to enable you to make right decision when purchasing; read on.
- What Are The Salient Features Of HUD Helmet Visor?
- Why Is Investing In HUD Helmet Beneficial?
- Which Optical Coating Technologies Can You Integrate Into HUD Helmet Visor?
- What Do You Consider When Buying HUD Helmet Visor?
- What Is The Process Of Installing Visor On HUD Helmet?
- Is There Thickness Limitation For HUD Helmet Visor?
- Is HUD Helmet Visor Repairable?
- What Factors Determine The Cost Of HUD Helmet Visor?
- What Are The Suitable Maintenance Practices For HUD Helmet Visor?
- Which Tinting Techniques Can You Apply On HUD Helmet Visor?
- How Long Can HUD Helmet Visor Last?
- What Are The Main Certification Standards For HUD Helmet Visor?
- Is There MOQ When Purchasing HUD Helmet Visor?
- How Safe Is HUD Helmet Visor?
- Does HUD Helmet Visor Discolor Over Time?
- What Are The Main Quality Tests For HUD Helmet Visor?
- Is It Possible To Apply Specialized Film On HUD Helmet Visor?
- Where Can You Use HUD Helmet Visor?
- What Are The Best Ways Of Cutting HUD Helmet Visor To Size?
- What Is The Production Lead-Time For HUD Helmet Visor?
- Which Materials Are Used For Making HUD Helmet Visor?
- What Are The Major Safety Standards And Regulations For HUD Helmet Visor?
1. What Are The Salient Features Of HUD Helmet Visor?
A Head Up Display helmet Visor
This type of helmet visor displays excellent structural and visual characteristics hence suitable in various settings.
The main features of a typical HUD helmet visor include the following;
- Lightweight – Main materials for making this helmet visor are naturally lightweight, reflecting in the final product.
- High impact resistance – This headgear element can hardly break nor crack easily, the amount of mechanical pressure notwithstanding.
- Excellent dimensional stability – It exhibits exceptional tolerance when exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Good weatherability – The material for making this type of visor can withstand horrible environmental conditions without necessarily deforming or deteriorating.
- Non-reactive – It has excellent resistance to chemical substances.
- Good optical clarity – This visor gives you an ideal vision in the different applications you are using it.
The HUD Helment Visor Offers Excellent Optical Clarity
2. Why Is Investing In HUD Helmet Beneficial?
The main advantages which make HUD helmet a worthy investment include the following;
a. It uses an excellent HUD technology fundamental in enhancing its efficiency and performance.
b. Exhibits exceptional impact resistance hence highly durable.
c. Excellent abrasion-resistant thus rarely wears out or deteriorates.
d. You can get it in different surface coating technologies, which is vital in improving overall performance.
e. It is available in custom design hence ideal for your specific user demands.
f. Easy to maintain since it merely requires proper cleaning using recommended products and appropriate storage.
g. Highly versatile, so you can use it in various applications.
h. Easy to fabricate hence allowing you to customize it to suit your specific preference and applications demands.
3. Which Optical Coating Technologies Can You Integrate Into HUD Helmet Visor?
Quite several, but the main ones include the following;
- Anti-fog coating – The design of this coating technology is to eliminate or minimize fogging issues on surface of this component.
Anti Fog Visor
- Hydrophobic coating – It is applied on the exterior side of the HUD helmet visor to reduce or get rid of moisture and any glare.
- Chrome coating – This coating technology enhances contrast and provides aesthetic hues on the visor to ensure this helmet visor.
- Anti-scratch coating – It is applied on surface of HUD helmet visor to prevent abrasive objects or aggressive handling from creating and leaving marks on surface.
- UV protection coating – The design of this coating is to prevent UV radiations from penetrating the skin and eye.
Anti UV Coating On A Helmet Visor
- Photochromic coating – It is designed to allow the HUD helmet visor to automatically transition from clear to tinted shade when exposed to UV radiation.
- Iridium coating – This coating technology comes in handy in controlling, absorbing, transmitting and reflecting of light glare.
4. What Do You Consider When Buying HUD Helmet Visor?
You must consider several factors when purchasing this component, but the major ones include the following;
- Visibility level
- Safety and standard certifications
- Ideal optical coating technologies infused
- Size and design
- Construction material
- Surface tinting option
- Brand and manufacturer
- Protection level
Optical Coating Technologies Are Some Of The Features To Look Into When Buying
5. What Is The Process Of Installing Visor On HUD Helmet?
Often, the process varies depending on various factors such as size and design construction of the particular HUD helmet and the visor.
But the general process entails the following;
- Preparing all the materials and placing them on a flat surface
- Creating a HUD visor template and fitting it into the helmet
- Aligning the visor to fit inside the helmet
- Fastening the screws where applicable to ensure the visor is tightly held inside the helmet
- Cleaning the visor surface to remove any marks left during installation.
A Visor Fitted On A HUD Helmet
6. Is There Thickness Limitation For HUD Helmet Visor?
Some applications need HUD helmet visors with thicker walls, whereas others need relatively thin-walled visors.
However, the common wall thickness used in these visors ranges between 1-3mm.
7. Is HUD Helmet Visor Repairable?
Mostly, it varies based on the extent of damage to be repaired.
Also, the type of material used for making the visor determines its reparability.
For instance, light scratches on the surface material are easy to repair by mere cleaning and polishing.
You can also repair cracks depending on severity.
But for severe damages, it is advisable to replace the visor.
8. What Factors Determine The Cost Of HUD Helmet Visor?
Quite a lot, but the major ones are as follows;
Order quantity – often, buying several pieces guarantees higher discounts than buying a few details.
Design – Custom designs are usually more expensive to buy than ordinary designs.
Brand – Different companies, manufacturing HUD helmet visors price their respective products differently based on numerous prevailing factors.
Material – Price of this accessory is largely based on type of material used for making it. High-grade materials are usually more expensive than relatively inferior quality materials.
The Cost Of HUD helmet Visor Depends On The Brand And Design
9. What Are The Suitable Maintenance Practices For HUD Helmet Visor?
- Make sure you clean the surface appropriately using non-abrasive washing detergent.
- Always wrap the headgear containing this accessory inside a bag to inhibit the surface from scratches.
- Polish the surface material of HUD helmet visor using appropriate methods to remove scratches and restore the clarity.
- Store it in safe places away from any abrasive materials and out of kids’ reach.
10. Which Tinting Techniques Can You Apply On HUD Helmet Visor?
Depending on material used for making HUD helmet visor, the following could be suitable tinting options to apply;
- Dying – It involves applying a dye substance on the surface material of HUD helmet visor.
- Using a permanent marker – Quite a complex tinting method that involves injecting the respective marker into the material.
- Tinting film – It entails applying a tint film of your preferred shade on the surface material of this visor manually.
- Spray painting – This tinting method entails spreading spray paint over the surface material of this HUD helmet visor.
11. How Long Can HUD Helmet Visor Last?
This type of helmet visor generally exhibits incredible durability since it is resistant to several elements.
But its exact longevity depends on several factors but mainly the nature of material used for making it.
Some materials like polycarbonate tend to be quite stronger and can last longer than other materials used for making this component.
The surface coatings applied on the visor are also integral in determining the resilience of this helmet accessory.
Ordinarily, these coatings improve the general performance and resistance of this visor in different conditions.
Maintenance also determines the longevity of the HUD helmet visor. Of course, a poorly maintained piece has a shorter lifespan than a well maintained one.
A Well Maintained HUD Helmet Visor Lasts Longer Than A Poorly Maintained One
12. What Are The Main Certification Standards For HUD Helmet Visor?
They are pretty several but, in many instances, vary from one country to another.
It means some certifications of this helmet accessory are applicable based on the specific target market.
Nevertheless, here are the main quality certification standards for HUD helmet visor ratified by different agencies across the world;
- RoHS – Restricted of Hazardous Substance Directive
- UL- Underwriters Laboratory
- ASTM – American Society for Testing and Materials
- ISO –International Standards Organization
- REACH – Registration Evaluation Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
- ANSI – American National Standards Institute
- SGS certification
13. Is There MOQ When Purchasing HUD Helmet Visor?
It varies based on where precisely you are purchasing the HUD helmet visor.
Some manufacturers and suppliers put a specific minimum order you can purchase at a time.
On the other hand, others are quite flexible; hence the MOQ depends on different aspects surrounding the order.
In essence, it is advisable to inquire from the company or supplier you are buying these helmets from to determine the stipulated MOQ.
This is helpful, especially when it comes to planning your budget and logistics.
14. How Safe Is HUD Helmet Visor?
It is relatively safe as a visibility accessory.
Most materials used for making this type of visor are usually derived from natural substances.
Besides, its manufacturing process integrates a wide range of additives to ensure safety.
Hence, it means it can never emit any form of toxic fumes, even when exposed to chemical substances.
Moreover, this product goes through a thorough inspection, safety and quality tests to ensure it meets all the required minimum standards.
Therefore, you can be certain before it gets to the market, all the safety concerns interventions are put in place.
15. Does HUD Helmet Visor Discolor Over Time?
The material is often coated using suitable coating technologies to prevent discoloring over time.
Also, the materials used for making the visor exhibit immense resistance to a wide range of elements that are likely to discolor it.
Hence, under ordinary conditions, it can hardly discolor.
16. What Are The Main Quality Tests For HUD Helmet Visor?
Various manufacturers use different tests to determine the overall quality of HUD helmet visor.
Of course, the essence of such tests is to establish the structural and visual abilities of this accessory in its various applications.
The notable quality tests, however, include the following;
- Visual test – It determines the general finish quality of the visor and whether it meets the minimum visibility standards.
- Impact resistance test – This test establishes the hardness of this visor when subjected to mechanical pressure.
- Anti-reflective test – It tests the ability of HUD helmet visor to deter or absorb unwanted excess light from this accessory.
- Anti-fog test – The aim of this test is to determine the suitability of this accessory to endure and deter moisture.
- Anti-UV test – It evaluates whether the visor can withstand UV radiation when subjected to direct sunlight.
- Anti-scratch test – Essentially, this test determines ability of HUD helmet visor to endure abrasive objects and aggressive handling.
17. Is It Possible To Apply Specialized Film On HUD Helmet Visor?
Ideally, the essence of applying specialized film on this type of visor is to improve a particular performance.
Hence, in many instances, the type of specialized film to apply will depend on where you are specifically using the helmet.
But it is advisable to seek an expert’s assistance when applying this type of film.
18. Where Can You Use HUD Helmet Visor?
A HUD Helmet Visor Has Nmerous Uses As Mentioned Below
Its versatility makes it ideal to use in a wide range of applications, such as the following;
- Motorcycle visor
- Paintball mask
- Hockey visor
- Full-face respirator
- Ski helmet visor
- Safety face shield
- Fire helmet face shield
- Pilot visor
- Riot helmet
- Ballistic face shield
19. What Are The Best Ways Of Cutting HUD Helmet Visor To Size?
The common techniques to use when cutting this type of helmet accessory include the following;
- CNC cutting – It involves use of a CNC cutting machine to attain perfect precision parts.
- Circular saw – This technique is relatively mechanical and does not necessarily guarantee high precision parts.
- Machining – It cuts this type of visor in attaining desired shape and size.
20. What Is The Production Lead-Time For HUD Helmet Visor?
Usually, the production turnaround time for this accessory varies based on different factors such as follows;
- Order quantity – Often, when you order several pieces of HUD helmet visor, it may take longer than when you order fewer pieces.
- Design – Custom designs, in many instances, tend to involve an intensive process for manufacturers depending on the extent of customization. However, standard designs are easy to produce thus likely to take a shorter time than customized pieces.
- Manufacturer’s policy – Some companies have strict deadlines irrespective of the prevailing circumstances. On the other hand, other manufacturers tend to have flexible timelines and likely to adjust depending on various factors.
In essence, there is no definite production lead-time for manufacturing HUD helmet visor.
21. Which Materials Are Used For Making HUD Helmet Visor?
The common materials for making this type of helmet visor include the following;
Polycarbonate – Arguably, the popular choice that guarantees better visibility, adequate protection, excellent resistance to different elements and performance. It is durable and easy to maintain, thus one of the best choices.
A Polycarbonate HUD Helmet Visor
Acetate – It exhibits high clarity, immense strength and rigidity. This material is hardly distorted even when exposed to harsh conditions like excessive temperatures.
Polyethylene Terephthalate – This material exhibits immense strength hence ideal for making this type of helmet visor.
Propionate – It is an ideal material to consider for HUD helmet visors used where chemical splashes is a concern.
A Propionate Visor
22. What Are The Major Safety Standards And Regulations For HUD Helmet Visor?
Ideally, different agencies often outline the specific safety standards and regulations for HUD helmet visors.
These standards are essential in ensuring these accessories safeguard their use in different applications.
The common standard for these helmet visors includes the following;
OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
ANSI – American National Standards Institute
EN- European Harmonized Standard
These standards are critical since they ensure the HUD helmet visor meets the technical aspects surrounding the safety concerns of this accessory.
For all your helmet visors, contactus now.
- Data Sheet
- Contact us Now
|Optical||UV Resistant (380nm)||EN170||%||99.99%|
|Haze||ASTM D 1003||%||0.37|
|Fog Free time||ECE22.05/ECE324||s||>22|
|Fog Free time||Freezing Test||s||no fogging|
|Mechanical||Hardness 1KG||ISO 178||H||1|
|High velocity impact||ANSI Z87.1 2010||ft/s||>300|
|Cross-Cut tape test||ASTM D 1000||NA||Pass|
|Elongation, yield % 7||ISO 527||%||7|
|Elongation, break ISO 527 % 110||ISO 527||%||110|
|Tensile stress, yield||ISO 527||Mpa||60|
|Tensile modulus MPa||ISO 527||Mpa||2300|
|Flexural strength, yield||ISO 178||Mpa||100|
|Flexural modulus ISO 178 MPa 2500||ISO 178||Mpa||2500|
|Izod notched impact, 20 °C||ISO 180-1A||KJ/m²||65|
|Water absorption, 24 hours||ISO 62||%||0.15|
|Thermal expansion||ASTM D696||1/ °C||7×10-5|
|Vicat Softening Temp., Rate B / 120(base sheet)||ISO 306||°C||150|
|HDT, 0.45 MPa||ISO 75/Be||°C||138|
[widgets_on_pages id=”footer from”]